Sunday, September 24, 2006

Taj Mahal, obviously.

I was taking a picture and an Indian guy came up to me and said, "get down", i.e. to take the picture from a lower angle. I did and it was a better picture. Then he told me to follow him and I did, and he said to take this picture.

He was then trying to get me to follow him more, but I didn't want to stray to far from the others so I walked off, and started looking in my pocket for my other camera. He follow me over and thought I was looking in my pocket for a tip for him. It was kind of funny, I was going to take the pictures he advised anyway, I didn't think he was that much of an expert. I didn't give him a tip.



















This is Humayun's tomb. We got a guide for this sight. Well, a guy came up to us and started telling us loads of shit. I didn't listen to him much because him and the others were going on ahead of me while I stayed back taking pictures. At the end he sort of demanded money off us for the "guide fee". He started saying 50 rupees each but we only gve him 10 each. Might sound scabby, and I guess it is. Only joking, just don't really like giving tips for stuff you didn't want in the first place. If he had discussed it with us in advance we would have been more willing to give, or at least think about it, I think.

Anyway, you can probably see the similarity in architecture of the two pieces, the were both impressive in the sunset. Humayun's Tomb was cool because there were very few people there, whereas the Taj Mahal was absolutely packed.

We also had to queue for about 20 minutes into the Taj, they take their security pretty seriously in India. There were a huge amounts of touts outside it and they just don't give in. I ended up losing my cool with one of them, I said to him, "did you hear what I said? I said 'no'". He took it pretty bad and said, "it's not your fault, it's my fault because I have to do this stupid job". I did feel kind of bad, but I don't think I should have to say no so many times to one guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home